Finding the kind of gift that fits perfectly to kids of all the ages is quite difficult. When you are invited to attend a baby shower or welcome party of a new born or birthday party of 1 year toddler, the gift selection must be done accordingly.
Baby shower gift ideas – to help the expectant parents
There are endless options, which can be overwhelming to select. Follow the basic tips to buy the ideal baby shower gift.
• Buy from registry – Registry is set by the to-be-mom. It allows you to buy things that they need. Family member can buy large gifts to help the parents. Friends can look through and select one within their budget.
• Find the gender – If the expectant parents have not registered find out if the baby is a girl or boy. If you are not aware search through kids gift ideas section and select gender neutral items.
• Practical gifts – Basic items like pacifiers, diapers, bibs, baby wipes, burp towels, spoons, bowls, plates and bottles are needed daily. Useful things like nursing/feeding pillow, breast pump, bottle brushes, and breast-milk storage bags are some good gift.
Variety of toy gift ideas for increasing different skills
• Toys that encourage fantasy include blocks, toy animals, toy vehicles and puppets help kids to work on their own ideas regarding the world.
• Creative art toys include blank paper pieces, scissors, paints, clay and glue encourage expressiveness, vital skill for education and problem solving
• Toys that support manipulation include games like puzzles, construction and toys with interlocking parts help the kids to develop hand-eye coordination and muscle control.
• Toys that influence physical activities include balls, jump ropes, and bikes that allow your kid to work off the energy and build strength & coordination.
• Strategy games include dominoes, games, chess & checkers that teach the kids about taking turns, following rules, planning and cooperating with other kids.
Buy special kind of gifts for disabled kids such as colour by numbers
Buying gifts for special kids and teens can be demanding. For example if the kid suffers from autism then search for something that can encourage their developmental skill. There is no need to consider their age. The gift must be based on their ability level, so that the kids do not get frustrated. It encourages exploration and development, playfully.
Online websites can give various kids gift ideas suitable for developmental ages including toddlers, preschool, elementary and teens.
• Autistic kids and teens find vibrating items like mitt and bear appealing.
• Slow repetitive motion things like jellyfish lamp, oozes tunes or tranquil turtle are popular options.
• Sensory items are also appreciated.
• You can select flashcards or sentence building games for language development.
Autism kids too can enjoy the gifts as much as normal child including painting with numbers